Petro- Canada Site – 2908 Yonge St. at Chatsworth
▪ Application for a 13 storey mixed use, 85 unit condo
▪ Click for Community Meeting Notice: Feb 28th Community Notice
▪ Councillor Jaye Robinson is opposed – Link to her web site
▪ Councillor Carmichael – Greb is opposed- Link to her web site
250 Lawrence Ave. West CONDO (Lawrence Park Medical Centre)
▪ SEE SEPARATE PAGE FOR MORE INFO
▪ Community Meeting Feb. 13th at 7pm, Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute
41 CHATSWORTH DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION (West of Yonge)
▪ Dec 21st, 2017 the applicant submitted a revised proposal for a 4/5 storey building with 51 units
▪ 2016 VICTORY – In February 2016, immediate neighbours represented by DART and the City successfully opposed the development at the OMB. LPRO had Participant Status at the OMB hearing.
CAPITOL EVENT THEATRE
The Capitol Theatre, built in 1918 has been a landmark in North Toronto for almost 1oo years. It was purchased by Madison Homes as noted in a May 2015 article in the Post- CLICK HERE. The Theatre has a interesting history reviewed on the attached web site –CLICK HERE. The City has included the building on its register of Heritage Properties. More interesting historical details on the “Our History” page of this web site.
ALASKA CONDO (Yonge & Strathgowan)
▪ Actual address of development: 2779, 2781 Yonge Street and 15-17, 19-21 Strathgowan Avenue,
▪ A mediated settlement was agreed to by immediate neighbours represented by UYNA and the City at the OMB . LPRO had Participant Status at the OMB mediation.
▪ City of Toronto web site for various reports: TO BE ADDED
DEVELOPMENT / DESIGN GUIDELINES
Lytton Park Residents Organization (LPRO) has struck a Subcommittee that has the mandate to work with the City and Councillor Carmichael Greb to pursue Development Guidelines as a pilot project for three streets in the LPRO area (Chudleigh, Cheritan and Chatsworth). As an example, review Leaside’s Character Preservation Development Guidelines which were prepared by the City in collaboration with local residents.
COMMITTEE OF ADJUSTMENT
▪ City of Toronto web site posts the Committee of Adjustment (COA) meeting agenda and decisions- CLICK HERE
▪ LPRO prepared a Lessons Learned flyer with suggestions to assist residents with the COA and OMB process – CLICK HERE
▪ The Committee of Adjustment for Ward 16 normally meets every other Thursday through the year. The Committee typically meets in the Council Chambers at the North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street.
▪ LPRO submitted the attached letter March 23, 2016 to the Councillor Carmichael-Greb indicating LPRO’s many concerns with the existing COA process–CLICK HERE. LPRO has also requested that the COA waiver process be eliminated– CLICK HERE.
Councillor Josh Matlow held a public town hall meeting Jan. 26, 2016 titled Free Toronto From The OMB, for more information: CLICK HERE .